“If you want a similar experience in Johannesburg to that of hearing stories of the Zulu battles, spend a day with Robin Binckes” - The Late David Rattray, Master Storyteller.
- Make your own tour - see places to visit
- A Taste of the History of South Africa (A)
- A Taste of the History of South Africa (B)
- Mandela's Footprints - The Struggle for Freedom
Thank you for all your insight and knowledge, which will really help with our documentary. Jeremy Vine, BBC Radio 2, Great Britain.
See more comments ...
Spear of the Nation - Corporate Social ResponsiblityRobin is involved in a number of different ways in helping the people of Alexandra:
- With Investec Bank and NOAH he project manages an initiative which cares for 395 HIV/AIDS orphans at a central facility for four schools. This project requires additional assistance to ensure sustainability.
- He is a Trustee of the Hostel Khyalethu, and works on job creation projects within the hostel.
- Robin assists a facility where four local ladies care for 48 two – six year olds, some who are HIV positive, some who are orphans and some who are vulnerable.
- Robin has established an NGO called “Friends of Alexandra”, which now has its own website.