“If you want a similar experience in Johannesburg to that of hearing stories of the Zulu battles, spend a day with Robin Binckes” - The Late David Rattray, Master Storyteller.
- Make your own tour - see places to visit
- A Taste of the History of South Africa (A)
- A Taste of the History of South Africa (B)
- Mandela's Footprints - The Struggle for Freedom
Incredible day, Robin.The trouble with being a proffessional historian, is that every now and then, you come across "amateurs" who know a lot more! Jim Brown, Professor of History, Samford University, USA.
See more comments ...
Spear of the Nation - Corporate Social ResponsiblityRobin is involved in a number of different ways in helping the people of Alexandra:
- With Investec Bank and NOAH he project manages an initiative which cares for 395 HIV/AIDS orphans at a central facility for four schools. This project requires additional assistance to ensure sustainability.
- He is a Trustee of the Hostel Khyalethu, and works on job creation projects within the hostel.
- Robin assists a facility where four local ladies care for 48 two – six year olds, some who are HIV positive, some who are orphans and some who are vulnerable.
- Robin has established an NGO called “Friends of Alexandra”, which now has its own website.